Carlos Albizu University's accreditation ensures that every degree we award is relevant, recognized, and respected. University accreditation is critical, because:
- Accreditation is an assurance to students and the public that we meet and exceeds standards for quality of faculty, curriculum, student services, and fiscal stability.
- Accreditation ensures that your degree is recognized by employers, professional associations, and other accredited institutions of higher education.
- If you are studying or have studied at more than one university, accreditation of both institutions makes transfer of credits possible.
Carlos Albizu University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) since 1974, the same body which accredits all of the major universities and colleges in the United States.
Carlos Albizu University is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education and the Consejo de Educación de Puerto Rico (CEPR) (http://www.ce.pr.gov)
This institution is the first private university in Puerto Rico to offer the Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology in the island.
The Doctoral Program is also accredited since 1994 by the prestigious American Psychological Association (APA), been the one of only two universities in Puerto Rico accredited by the APA. With this accreditation Carlos Albizu University has become the first Hispanic institution accredited by APA. The Doctoral Program at Miami campus is accredited by APA since 1995.
The Speech and Language Pathology program is accredited by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA). This program is the second in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico to earn ASHA accreditation.
- Our Master in Industrial and Organizational Psychology has been ranked among the top three in the United States by independent researchers, and the best program in the South Eastern United States of its kind.
- Doctoral Program in Industrial and Organizational Psychology: recognized as one of the best 20 in the US. (Ratings of Quality, Kraiger & Abalos, 2004).
- According to National science Foundation, CAU is ranked among the top 5 US Universities in conferring Doctoral degrees to Hispanics.
- Ranked among the top five U.S. universities in conferring doctoral degrees to Hispanics; the only regionally accredited secular university in the continental U.S. named in honor of a Hispanic.